Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The End of the (Blanket) Line

Ok everyone, this is the last post with my old blankets in it. Enjoy!


I made this blanket for charity. It is one big granny square made out of scrap yarn. This was the first time I had tried making a blanket out of a big granny square, and I think it turned out ok. It ended up being the size of a lap blanket.









I made this blanket out of leftover yarn from a blanket I was making for my son. (If you saw in an earlier post, I made a pink and purple blanket for a little girl having heart surgery; well, I made my son one just like it in red.) This one was also dontaed to Project Linus. In case you didn't figure it out, I LOVE Project Linus. LOL






This blanket was also for Project Linus, and was also made with leftover yarn from another blanket. You can't really tell, but there is a stripe pattern going down each column.








This blanket was made for my friends, Josh and Rachael. Now, this blanket was originally intended to be a wedding present, but I was in the middle of another wedding blanket at the time and could not make this one. So then I thought I would give it to them for their 1st anniversary, and again ended up having another project going when this one was due, so poor Josh and Rachael ended up getting this around 18 months or so after their wedding. I'm sorry you guys! Also, you can't really see it in this picture, but there is a grape vine pattern in each pattern row. The picture does not do this one justice! I think it is so much prettier in person!




Ok, that's all the old blankets I am going to post. Not a bad collection for 5 years or so, huh? The only problem with having this hobbie, is my grandma sends me yarn ALL THE TIME, so I have TONS of it. I have three blankets other than my step-neice's blanket that have been started and not finished yet. I suppose I should get them done after I am done with Paris' blanket....but my friend is pregnant, so I am going to start one for her instead. LOL


Sarah, anytime you are ready for a craft night, let me know!


Yarnhog has left the blog!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I completely agree with you about Josh and Rachael's blanket. This picture does not do it justice at all. That blanket is gorgeous! I am ready to get together for some blanlet time, I almost have 6 squares of Adam's blanket done!

jellybean78 said...

Awesome! Let's get the calendars out and find a time! I'm ALMOST ready to start a new one! (Or finish an old one...LOL)

kcaimee said...

Your friend is pregnant? Which friend, Huh? Huh? Huh? Just kidding, it better not be the "friend" we both know!!!

jellybean78 said...

LOL....I can't wait for that one! But it's my friend, Idalia. This will be her second son. :)

Sarah said...

LOL!! OKAY! Don't jinx me!