Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blankets - cont'd

Almost two years after I learned how to crochet I finally made my oldest child a blanket. I was pregnant with my daughter and had already begun her blanket, when I realized I had never made my son one. Well I couldn't have that! I worked my behind off to finish his blanket by his birthday. He was really into Mickey Mouse that year. He had a stuffed Mickey that he took EVERYWHERE, so I thought it was fitting that I make him this blanket. He loved it!




I made this blanket last year when my sister was pregnant. The heart pattern I got off of the internet, but I made the rattle and the letter patterns myself. This blanket may look familiar to some of you...I taught Sarah this pattern when she wanted to make one for her friend at work who was pregnant.





The teddy bear blanket was quite a challenge! I promised my Grandma this blanket would be ready for our family reunion in June of 2007. We have a family auction and use the money to help fund the next year's reunion. Anyway, the very day before I was set to leave I was at my mom's enlisting her help sewing the bows on! It turned out great, and my Grandma couldn't bear to let it go to anyone else, so she bid on it herself. :-)












I started this blanket in 2007 for my friends, Sarah and Bret. I actually had Sarah look at the patterns I had and pick a few she liked. I was soooo hoping she would include this one on her list, because I had been dying to try it! I was very excited it was one of her favorites! I finished it in March 2008, and Sarah and Bret's wedding was on April 25th. So I got one done on time, for once!










Okay people, that's it for this post! I am currently working on another blanket, and if it turns out well, I may share it with you later! TTFN

4 comments:

kcaimee said...

You are VERY talented. That teddy bear blanket looks like A LOT of work. I have crocheted (notice my use of a past tense verb) so I know how impressive this is.

jellybean78 said...

Thanks Aimee! I wish I could take credit for that pattern, but I got it out of a book! :-)

Sarah said...

Jen, I think the one you made Bret and I is the best! :)Thank you so much for that, it is beautiful. I have to hide it though, Chloe for some reason LOVES this blanket and rubs and rolls all over it!

jellybean78 said...

Yours is definitely one of my very favorites. I am so glad you likek it! Maybe Chloe likes the fabric softener I use. Or maybe it just smells like my house and she misses me! LOL :-)