Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blankets

I have only been crocheting for about 5 years. I fell in love with it the very first day. I remember being at my mother-in-law's house and watching her make a blanket. I asked her if it was hard to do and she said "Come over tomorrow and I'll show you." That was all it took. She taught me the basic stitches and I made samples of them all. But I really wanted to make a blanket. So I went out and bought some books and stitch guides and finally settled on a flower pattern for my neice, Tatum. I finished it right before her birthday in September of 2003.

Not bad for my first blanket!















I made this blanket for my hubby. I finished it in January of 2004. Being one of my first blankets, some of the stars have sadly started to unravel, and we keep this blanket up high in a closet! I have since learned how to tie off my ends better! :-)
















There are more blanket photos to come!

4 comments:

kcaimee said...

I am LOVING that sunflower blanket. It is so Kansas!!

I linked you on my blog so you should be getting visitors soon.

jellybean78 said...

Thanks Aimee! As soon as I get all my photos handy I'll post a pic of the blanket I made for Sarah and Bret! :-)

Sarah said...

They are all so beautiful! I can't wait to get out of my "square" blankets! HAHA! Thanks for teaching me Jen! I have fun making them!

jellybean78 said...

I'm glad you have fun. It's been fun having someone to crochet with!