Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Never Ending Blanket!

As you all know, I have been working on a blanket for my neice, Paris for quite some time. I have set deadlines and goals and blew them all. Everytime I thought I was getting close, I ended up losing momentum due to work or the kids or a million of other things. Well this morning I am ready to pull my hair out! Paris will be coming on Friday night, and I NEED to have this blanket done before she gets here. For the last week or so I have been working on the border. This is the last step before it's done. Before the photos...before I wash it....before I see if washing it will totally unravel it, or if I've done a good job weaving in all the yarn ends. So I thought for sure I was nearing the end. As of this morning I was almost done with the last side of the last round of the border. I actually got within three feet of finishing, when the skein of yarn I was using was gone. I went into my room to get another skein of pink yarn and realized....I had no more pink yarn! I looked again with the same result. Aargh! So my choices at this point are to go on a yarn hunt at Walmart, Michael's and JoAnn's to see if they have one stupid skein of light raspberry colored yarn, or I could pull out the entire last round of the border and redo it with the varigated or the green I used in the blanket. Since either choice would take probably the same time, and I hate ripping out my work, I'm going yarn hunting! I'll let you know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: