Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yippee!

As some of you may know, my mom has been battling breast cancer since last year. She had surgery, chemotherapy and she has been in radiation therapy as well. I am happy to report that today was her very last day of radiation. Yay! We were all so excited for her that my dad took the day off of work and took her to lunch, and the kids and I bought her flowers and a big cookie-cake to celebrate.


I just wanted to thank everyone who has given my family support through this hard time. I really appreciate it, and I know my mom and dad do as well!
When my mom was first starting her treatment for breast cancer, the girls and I took her out to dinner for a girls night. It was a lot of fun!
From left to right: My mom, me, Aimee, Sarah, Kim(my sister), and baby Sawyer.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Jen, I am SO happy for her and your family! I know it was a rough time. Now we need a girls night to celebrate!! Find out when she has time and I will ask my mom too so she can join us this time!!!

jellybean78 said...

Ok, that sounds fun! I'll talk to her and let you know!

La Yaya from far away said...

Jen, I am very happy for your mom and all your family. My youngest sister went through the same process as your mom and I totally understand how hard is for everyone else in the family too. So, knowing that she is done with that, it brings a great relif that she is going to be better. Say Hi to your mom for me, she is a very very nice mom.

kcaimee said...

Yay for your Mom. That is WONDERFUL news.