Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for....

It's finished! At long last, it's done! I was lucky enough to find a new skein of yarn at the very first store I went to. I was happy, and the kids were happy we didn't have to go all over town in the car. It was a good outing. Yay!


So when I started this blanket, I asked what colors Paris liked, and was told that she liked the color pink. I didn't want to make a plain pink blanket, so I went to the store looking for a varigated yarn that had a nice pink in it. After I found the varigated, the pink was obvious, because I had to get a pink that matched. The green, however, was very hard to match, and it actually isn't the same color of green as in the varigated, but it's in the same family, and it was the closest I could find, so we'll all have to live with it!






I chose to make this blanket using the "BABY" pattern I created for my baby nephew because I really liked the heart square pattern. It is my favorite square to make, although I think I am ready to put it away for awhile and learn something new!


For this blanket, I tried out a new border that I found in a pattern book. I really like how the ruffle turned out. I think it's really girly, and I hope Paris likes it!









Ok, so that's the new blanket! I think it turned out great. On to the next one! :-)








3 comments:

La Yaya from far away said...

As Always, I think you did a WONDERFUL job with the blanket. I really like the border, you need to teach me how to do it. The heart pattern is also my favorite.

jellybean78 said...

Let me know when you're ready, and I'd be happy to teach you...it's a very simple border, though. It would only take you 5 minutes to learn. :-)

kcaimee said...

What a beautiful blanket. Sorry I've been out of the commenting loop for so long.

My sister mentioned that you got a part-time job. Any chance you'll be blogging about it for us curious folks?