Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Many Sides of Moo Moo!

If we had known when Madisen was born that one of her nicknames would end up being Moo Moo, we may have named her differently. I know, how did Moo Moo come from Madisen? Long story....her main nickname is Maddie, and one day we said Maddie Moo, and then that evolved into Moo Moo. We're crazy, I know!

As a child, I was the biggest tomboy around. I loved to be outside digging in the mud. I hated dolls, and loved cars and transformers. I loved overalls, and hated dresses(still do!). So I think it was a blessing that I had a boy first. I knew how to play with a boy. I knew how to dress a boy and comb a boy's hair. And then came Maddie.

I swore I'd never put her in pink, because I hated pink. So what did I do after she was born....I bought EVERYTHING pink! I took a lot of abuse over that one. But she looks so good in pink! But clothing aside, I was terrified! I was sure Maddie would be a tomboy, since I was. And then came her love of dolls and hair bows and nail polish! I had no idea what to do with a girl! I am still working on that one. She's hard to figure out. She's a girly girl, a tomboy, and sometimes a hormonal wreck all rolled into one! And I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)




Here is Maddie being "one of the boys" during a soccer game. I don't remember what she was celebrating in this shot, but I just love it!













I guess Maddie is being a professional wrestler in this shot. Scott got this mask in Mexico.














And here is my girly girl Maddie. I made her this hat a couple of months ago and she wore it non-stop for several days. She still wears it around everytime she finds it in her dress-up pile.

3 comments:

kcaimee said...

Hey, that's a cool hat! Your little Moo Moo is precious.

jellybean78 said...

Thanks, Aimee! I think we'll keep her! :-)

Sarah said...

She is such a cute girly-girl! I think she is so good at it! And I love that picture of her in the hat...VERY cute!