Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wedding Photo Fiasco!

The other night I was talking to my friend, Allison online. It was very late at night and we ended up talking about everything from the time we were 12 up until now. Long story short, I realized that the silly woman I am, I didn't have a wedding photo of Scott and I hanging up in our house. I have the album in our bedroom, and I wallet print in my wallet, but nothing framed. I have no idea how that managed to happen, but I vowed to fix it! The photographer that took our wedding photos was a family friend, and she gave me all the negatives so we could make whatever prints we wanted. Now right after the wedding I went through the negatives and made enlargements for family and friends that wanted them. On Wednesday I went to get them out to see which poses I wanted to print, and I discovered....half of the negatives are GONE! Apparently when I went to print enlargements the last time, I didn't put the negatives back in the box. I tossed my house looking for them...couldn't find them. I tore apart the garage looking for them, but I found nothing. I panicked! I took out the album and scanned in a few photos, but they are 4 by 6's so I can't enlarge them. I even went so far as to take photos of the photos, but they came out blurry. I called Scott at work and had a panic attack on the phone. Finally, I did manage to find a couple of 5 by 7's in an envelope with other photos. I calmed down a little bit.....I called my mom and she said I could take all her 8 by 10's and make copies. I calmed down a little bit more. I realized my mother-in-law and my grandmother also had 8 by 10's I could copy, so I managed to get my heart rate back into the normal zone. And now I have decided that I can't do anything about it, so I may as well let it go. I feel much better today. And while ransacking the house I found tons of other photos I had forgotten about. :-)

1 comment:

kcaimee said...

That would freak me out too! Thank goodness for scanners. I love your wedding picture.