Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Utah

In just a few weeks my husband, kids and I are going to Utah for a family vacation, so I thought I'd post some pictures of last years trip. We are staying with my Grandma, my Aunt Susan and my Uncle Russ. I love going to Utah! For one, my dad's family is there, but the mountains are so beautiful and while it does get hot in the summer, it's not quite the heat that we have here in Arizona.


This is the view from my Aunt Susan's front yard. Isn't it beautiful? I could take pictures of the mountains all day!


My aunt and uncle have several burros, and Maddie had so much fun feeding them sour apples. Everytime they saw her come out into the yard they would come to the fence hoping she'd give them more.


One day we went a few miles down the road to this pond and fed the ducks. I really love black and white photos and I love catching Aubyn and Scott from behind. Classic father and son shot.


For as long as I can remember my family has taken us to the duck pond to feed these ducks. I love the trees and mountain in the background, and the reflection they create on the water.


My Uncle Russ is an outdoorsman, and he took the whole family up into the mountains to go four-wheeling. We had a picnic right by this little creek, and Maddie and Aubyn had so much fun throwing sticks into the water to see how fast they would float downstream.


Scott and Aubyn went four-wheeling with my uncle and my cousin, Megan while we were up in the mountains. Aubyn LOVED it, and we are going again this year. Don't worry, he wasn't actually driving! We had someone else with him whenever the quad was moving. :-)


On our last night before we came home we bought some fireworks and lit them off. In Utah you can buy fireworks on almost every corner for most of the summer. July 24th is a state holiday, so you are allowed to shoot them off until then. The kids liked the sparklers the best. We had a lot of fun!

This year we are planning on taking the kids to the Planetarium in Salt Lake City, as well as a trip up the mountain to go four-wheeling. Also, my cousin Megan will be celebrating her 22nd birthday while we are there, so we are definitely going to take her out to dinner! I think it will be a fun way to end the summer. Aubyn has his meet-the-teacher night the evening after we get back, and then school starts the next week! The summer is going by so fast!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's so beautiful!

kcaimee said...

Looks like a blast...have fun!