Thursday, July 24, 2008

Utah-Day One

It takes about 12 hours to drive from our house to my Aunt Susan's in Mapleton, Utah. We make this drive almost every year, and I love all the scenery between here and there. The mountains are beautiful, and the small towns have such charm.


I took this picture in Kanab, Utah. Kanab is a little more than halfway into the drive and I took this picture when we stopped for gas.


Here's another view from the gas station in Kanab.


We've finally made it to my aunt and uncle's house, and Maddie is so happy to be out of the car! LOL I took this picture in their yard.


My grandma surprised the kids with a small bucket of toys for each of them. They each had sidewalk chalk in their buckets, and Maddie also received a little tea set, while Aubyn got this light up top in his. He played with it for several hours that night!



Here is my cousin, Megan playing with Aubyn and Maddie. They drew chalk pictures on all available cement around the house. Unfortunately, I neglected to take pictures of their drawings, but they were pretty cute.

That's all for today's post! Tomorrow's will have pictures from our four-wheeling trip in the mountains.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Nice pictures Jen...glad to hear you had a wonderful time!