Friday, July 25, 2008

Animals, bubbles and birthdays

Almost every year we get to feed the burros, and feed the ducks at a nearby pond. This year was no exception.

I finally got the kids to come out and watch Scott feed the burros some leftover corn husks and potato skins.

Mmmmm. Doesn't that look yummy? LOL The burros liked it.


Here's Maddie with my grandma feeding the ducks at the pond. There were some seagulls there too, which I thought was weird, since there's not an ocean anywhere near there.

Here's Aubyn feeding the ducks.

Aubyn took this picture of Scott and I. I think he did a wonderful job. I may have to get him into photography. LOL



Here are the kids with my grandma. I figured it was about time I got a photo of them together.


Aubyn took this group photo.


My Aunt Susan bought the kids some bubbles one day at the store. Aubyn didn't seem interested in going outside to blow them with us, so we only have pictures of Maddie. I was amazed at how clear the bubbles looked in the pictures.




Maddie's having a blast!


My grandma has a picture of my sister when she was around Maddie's age blowing bubbles with her eyes crossed. It's a really cute picture, and I was trying to get a similar shot of Maddie, but she never did look up enough to catch her eyes.

Our last day in Utah was my cousin, Megan's 22nd birthday. We all went out to eat at a restaurant called the Brick Oven, and then came back to the house to have ice cream cake and cookies. Yummy!


Okay, that's the end of the trip. We took over 300 photos in all, but there were a few things we didn't get pictures of. We went up to the cemetery to visit my grandpa's grave one day, and we also went to visit some family and friends of the family one day. The trip was a lot of fun, and the perfect way to end the summer. Aubyn will be starting school Monday. :-)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

kcaimee said...

Monday!! That seems so soon. What grade?

jellybean78 said...

Yup, school started on Monday. Aubyn is in 2nd grade. In our district the summers are a little shorter, because they have 2 weeks off for Fall, Winter and Spring Break.