Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day Three-Going to The Gateway

On Sunday we drove up to Sandy, Utah and took the UTA Trax train into Salt Lake to go to the huge outdoor Gateway mall. In addition to having over 140 shops, it also housed the Clark Planetarium. Although it was hot, everybody had a good time, and the Aubyn and Maddie loved the planetarium exhibits and the Build-A-Bear store. :-)

As we rode the Trax train we passed a lot of cool buildings. This building is Energy Solutions Arena, which is where the Utah Jazz play.

While we didn't end up seeing one of the planetarium shows, the exhibits were pretty cool. We even found out how much we weighed on several different planets.

Here is a family photo in front of the Earth.

Here are Aubyn and Maddie on the train back to Sandy with their new stuffed animals from Build-A-Bear. Aubyn made a monkey that he named Jake, and Maddie made a pink leopard (which she calls a cat) that she named Chloe. I didn't help her name it, Sarah. I promise she thought of it all by herself! LOL

After we got back from the mall all the women were in the kitchen fixing dinner and I realized I hadn't seen Maddie in awhile. So I looked out the window and this is what I saw. Aren't they cute? I call it: "Maddie with her new best friend; my Uncle Russ."


Tired of the Utah trip yet? Well we only have one more day...I promise!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How cute!! I know she loves Chloe, so that's adorable! Love the picture of Maddie with your uncle, that's so sweet.

kcaimee said...

What a great picture of Chloe and her uncle.