Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day Two-Four Wheeling

On Saturday we went up into the mountains to go four-wheeling. It was soooo pretty up there, and everybody had a wonderful time.





We've packed up the quads and we're ready to roll!





On the way up the mountain we were stopped due to a car accident up ahead. We were the first cars in line, and we saw the helicopter land and take off. My cousin, Megan took this photo for me. It appeared that one car was either trying to pass another going around a curve and lost control, or one car was just going too fast and lost control. Either way, two cars ended up rolling off the road. Amazingly, we couldn't find even a tiny mention of the accident in the newspaper the next day.





This is the little creek that was running through our campsite. The kids had fun throwing rocks and sticks into it.





Here, my Uncle Russ is showing Aubyn how to aim the gun to shoot at a can. Don't worry, this isn't a real rifle, it's a pellet gun. And we only shot at plastic cups and cans. And we cleaned them all up when we were done. :-) Everybody got a turn to shoot, but for some reason when my turn came, I managed to push my stomach out to make myself look pregnant, so you won't be seeing those photos.



This year Maddie decided she wanted to ride on one of the quads. She had so much fun! She went once with my uncle and once with Scott and she didn't want to get off.
Look how much fun she's having! :-)


We had to drag her away. LOL



Here's my cousin, Megan. Doesn't she look relaxed?

Having fun yet?


My hubby and I.


Here's Aubyn and Scott. Don't worry, Aubyn had a helmet on while the quad was moving. He whined and whined the whole time we were there that he didn't want to ride this year, and then once we got him on, he didn't want to get off. That's a 7 year old for you.


Wanna go again?



Here's Megan with the kids. I loved this little creek. It seemed so perfect with the log right in front of it. I had to take some photos. Aubyn whined that he got mud on his shoes. LOL


Here we all are on the log. All in all it was a great day. We took at least 100 photos of this day alone!


Stay tuned for tomorrow for some more fun!

2 comments:

kcaimee said...

Shootin' and ridin' - I LOVE it!

kcaimee said...

What a great family picture!