Monday, July 7, 2008

Babysitting...

As you may have read in an earlier post, my sister fell and hurt her knee. X-rays had shown that nothing was broken, but after a couple of weeks it wasn't getting any better, so an MRI was done. It turns out that she has tore something with a technical name that I do not remember, and she'll be having surgery on the 14th. So anyway, she had another appointment with her doctor today to see if the swelling had gone down enough to go ahead with the surgery, so I had the pleasure of watching my neices and nephews. Needless to say, with 6 children in my house there was tons of fun and craziness!




Austin and Aubyn played a little bit of Guitar Hero. It's quite an addicting game, and at the ages of 13 and 7 they are both better at it than I'll ever be!


Tatum, Paris and Maddie had fun destroying Maddie's room, and playing a game called Elefun, where you catch pretend butterflies that shoot out of an elephants trunk. Where do they think up these games?


Sawyer played with some toys on the floor in the living room until he decided he was hungry and had a bottle. Poor boy didn't have anything manly to play with, since all the blankets and younger toys we have are Maddie's and therefore pink. :-)



From left to right: Maddie, Paris, Tatum, Aubyn, Austin and Sawyer. This was the best group shot I could get. I had to shoot down all the bunny ears and make sure Aubyn kept his action figure away from his face to get this shot, so I'd say I am pretty lucky they were looking anywhere near the camera.

All in all, it was a fun day. I hadn't seen Austin in what seems like forever, and he had to have grown at least a foot. I can hardly believe he's a teenager now! They grow up so fast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did Kim have surgery today?

Austin looks like his dad! Wow! I haven't seen him in years, he has sure grown up!

kcaimee said...

I love Guitar Hero! Do you play too? It is addictive. Aren't cousins the greatest? I can't wait for Sarah to give my boys some more cousins....did you hear that Sarah? No pressure....LOL!!!